Your Information: When we refer to “Your Information”, we are referring to your personal information, as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
When we will collect Your Information
We may collect Your Information from you when:
- you request a product or service from us
- you apply for a position with us
- as a consequence of a regulatory requirement
- where video surveillance is in place
The kinds of information we collect and hold
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different information about you. This can include your name, date of birth, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number), occupation, driver’s licence number, financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) and information about how you use our products and services.
This is not an exhaustive list. For example, we may sometimes need to collect additional information as part of a user authentication process, such as when you want to speak to one of our customer service personnel who need to access your account.
You might also need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them about this statement.
How we collect Your Information
We may collect Your Information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (such as where you provide information to us when you visit one of our stores or websites, complete an application form or agreement for one of our services, or contact us with a query or request)
- from third parties such as our related entities, business partners or your representatives
- from publicly available sources of information
- when legally authorised or required to do so
- from the third parties we list in the section of this Statement with the heading “When we disclose Your Information”
If you choose not to provide certain information about yourself, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we hold Your Information
We may store Your Information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of Your Information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
While we take these steps to maintain the security of Your Information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard Your Information.
How we use Your Information
We may use Your Information for a range of different purposes, including:
- to verify your identify, or to conduct appropriate checks for fraud checking
- to provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about those products and services, to assist you with enquiries or purchases or to provide you with better customer service
- to administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe us
- to gain an understanding of your needs relating to the products and services we provide to you, to perform research and analysis, and to improve or develop our products and services
- as authorised or required by any laws applicable to us
How we use Your Information for Direct Marketing
We may also use Your Information so that we, our related entities and other business partners can promote and market products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you (which may include products, services and offers provided by a third party). This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, or social media) and may continue after you cease acquiring any products or services from us until you opt-out by calling 1800 634 055 or emailing us at email@example.com.
When we disclose Your Information
We may disclose Your Information to third parties who provide services to us, including organisations and contractors that assist us with the purposes for which we use Your Information.
These services include:
- customer enquiries
- product and services order processing and fulfilment
- installation, maintenance and repair services
- mailing operations, billing and debt-recovery functions
- information technology and network services
- market research, marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services
We may also disclose Your Information:
- to your authorised representatives or advisers, or when you ask us to do so
- our related entities or our business partners
- to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law
- to third parties who assist us to manage or develop our business and corporate strategies and functions
- for the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business
In some cases, the organisations to whom we may disclose Your Information may be based outside Australia. For example, we may disclose Your Information to our service providers in the Philippines.
How we manage the quality of Your Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that Your Information that we hold is:
- up to date
- not misleading
How to access or correct your personal information or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us using the contact details set out in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Statement, so that we can consider and respond to your request. We may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your personal information in response to a request.
You may also use these contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to your complaint.
While we hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without needing to involve third parties, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au).
About this Statement
This Statement has been issued by Telco Services Australia Proprietary Limited and Telco Sales Australia Proprietary Limited, effective as at 12 March 2014. From time to time, we may need to change this Statement. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our website (https://tsagroup.com.au) and it will apply to all of Your Information held by us at the time.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions in relation to this Statement or our management of Your Information, please let us know by contacting us on 1800 634 055 or writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.